The Intensive English Program is part of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and is located on campus at 413 Brook Avenue in Lafayette, Louisiana. The mission of the program is to provide intensive English language instruction to adult non-native English speakers who have the goal of entering American universities or improving their ability to use English for professional purposes. Students range in age from 17 to 60 plus and typically come from more than twelve countries.
The IEP is an intensive English program that focuses on English for academic purposes. This program offers:
- 6 levels of instruction (Beginner - Advanced)
- Grammar, Writing, Reading and Listening/Speaking courses
- Mon. - Thurs. classes from 9:00 am - 2:20 pm (18 hrs/wk)
- 8-week sessions in January, March, June, August & October
Please note that the IEP is no longer offering the TOEFL ITP (Exit Exam) as an alternative to admission to the University. However, TOEFL has introduced at-home version of the TOEFL iBT that the University is accepting for admission.
Due to the intensive nature of the program, there is the expectation of approximately 18 hours of outside 'homework' per week.
Special features include:
- Small class size
- Friendly, helpful, and experienced staff and faculty
- Access to all university facilities such as computer labs and recreational facilities
- Opportunities to meet Americans and visit university classrooms
- Conversation hours and extracurricular activities